These bits and bobs, collected from street corners, car boots and charity shops have already seen air time, with starring roles in our Regent Park picnics.
Here is the essential summer collection:
- Tea cups and china saucers: 10p- 70p from the Ashford carboot (we happened to be camping close by the weekend before last. It was still freezing then but made the camp fires more fun)
- Beautiful strawberry and cherry table cloth: £3:99 from the Dalston Oxfam Shop – well worth a visit if you live within 20 miles!
- Cream metal picnic hamper: Free from outside a shop having been part of their window display- with many thanks to these high street capitalists with their wasteful ways.
- Mint green rusty colander: Key item here for rinsing the caterpillars off those just – scrumped blackberries. 5op from one of the many glorious charity shops on Old Kent Road
- Tea flask: £1:99 also from Old Kent Road charity shops, London’s best kept secret, it is totally second hand heaven.